Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Grief Observed










A couple of months ago my brother lost his 17 year-old daugther to asthma. This is probably the most devastating thing that can ever happen to us parents. I remember when my brother called, begging for help to give him a ride to where his daughter was. His voice was crackling, his words were almost incoherent. I can't remember the last time I heard my brother cried - probably when we still very young-, but this time he cried in deep despair, helpless. As for me, not a single word of comfort came out of my lips, I can only grieve with him.


I can't believe I'm not going to see Pichie again when I come home. I'll miss her smiley face, her cute shy-type look. I wonder what family reunions going to be like without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment